Monday 4 January 2010

New Year, New Blog

Driving is an activity that transcends age, culture, race, class and gender. Anyone might drive. It is true that not everyone does drive and for some that is a political, ethical or merely financial decision, for which I respect them. But here in the UK, the country I live in and will write about, it would be a rare person who has never sat in a car, never thought about driving one or who does not have some kind of relationship with the process of driving. That is why driving fascinates me.

From the moment I turned 17, I wanted to drive. For me it meant freedom to explore, to go wherever I wanted, on my own. For the last 7 years I have driven professionally in one capacity or other and I still really enjoy the process of it. From my driving seat I can watch the sun rise and watch it set. I can notice the change of the seasons, can spot birds and animals, and my driving seat is a fantastic vantage point from which to watch the most entertaining animals of all - people.

So this blog is going to be about driving, about the way the roads work, and it is going to be about the people who use them.

I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment